Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use up leftover chicken! Best when allowed to chill for a couple of hours.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, if needed to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chopped cooked chicken, onion, celery, almonds and cilantro.
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar, soy sauce, pepper, and if needed, salt.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss well to evenly mix.
- Chill before serving.
This is excellent. I had everything on hand to make this for a quick lunch today. I always have cilantro.... had some left over chicken and viola, made a great lunch. Served with Avocado slices and lemon wedge. Thanks for a great *keeper* Made for ZWT3 ~V
I had some leftover chicken breast to use up and thought I'd try this recipe out. To my surprise, my husband found this in the refrigerator and had eaten most of it up before I got to try it. He normally doesn't like dishes like this, but he really liked this. I liked it too. I only had sliced almonds so I subbed them for the slivered almond and didn't think it would make much of a difference. However, the sliced almonds got kind of lost where I think the slivered almonds would have given it more of a crunch.
I really liked this. I had some leftover spicy chicken, and this was a very nice use for it. I thought the dressing might taste odd with it and the almonds threw me, but when I was eating it, the flavors all came together nicely. Thank you for a lovely lunch!