Recipe by JenniferK2
I came up with this recipe to try and use an abundance of cilantro from my garden. Don't let the long ingredients list scare you - it's easy and the whole meal is one pan.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced, drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour to coat. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook just until browned on all sides; set aside.
- Stir onion, bell pepper, and garlic into the skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until tender.
- Pour in chicken broth. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.