Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is out of this world!! My husband and I were eating it with a spoon, dipping bread in it, serving it as a sauce over our chicken - very versatile!! Would be great too served over iceberg lettuce wedges!!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, buttermilk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in the bell pepper, onion, cilantro and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate any extra dressing in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
This is wonderful! I would give it 10 stars. I usually guesstimate instead of measure so I used about 1/4 of a large red bell pepper, 1 big slice of a red onion and 3 large cloves of garlic. Didn't have fresh cilantro so I used 6 cubes of Knorr cilantro cubes. It is pretty salty so didn't add any salt. Whirred all the veggies and the cilantro cubes in my mini chopper till really fine and added to dressing. It was perfect right away and I can hardly wait to taste it tonight after it has time for flavors to meld in refrigerator. Thanks so much for posting.
This was an interesting combo, it has a kick to it. I did feel the cilantro was a little overpowering. I was using fresh cilantro from my garden, maybe it had more kick to it. But it was a refreshing taste for summer.
This was OK. I found the bell pepper flavor too much. I used Balkan (thick) yogurt for the sour cream. Some of the same kind of yogurt mixed with rice milk for the buttermilk, Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, orange bell pepper as that's what I had on hand, both red and green onion and sea salt for the salt. I won't make this again. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE~Tag Game Ed't 10.