Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy way to make a complete gourmet meal in one little pouch - The parchment seals in moisture, making the salmon stay tender and the vegetables become delightfully flavorful.
- 1 boneless salmon fillet (approximately 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup leek, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chutney (coriander chutney) or 1 tablespoon pureed fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ghee or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- parchment paper (One 15x20 inch piece)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- One side of the parchment paper, place 1/2 the butter.
- On top of the butter, arrange sliced leeks and julienned carrots.
- Spread chutney or cilantro puree on salmon and place the salmon fillet on top of the vegetables. Place the remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and no more than a pinch of salt.
- Fold the other side of the parchment paper over the salmon. Roll and crimp edges together to create a tightly-sealed half-moon shaped packet. Place packet on baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet). Remove from oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- To serve, place the packet on a dinner plate and create two slashes on the top of the paper in the shape of an X.
- Peel back paper and enjoy!
Great recipe. I increased the cilantro, and used olive oil but otherwise followed the recipe. I sliced the carrot on the mandoline and it only took about 15-17 minutes to cook. Thanks a lot for sharing it, I will be making this again.
This is wonderful. Nice mix of flavors, and the vegies and fish were cooked just right! Fish stayed moist. Thanks for posting this.