Recipe by Terry Davis
A wonderful Spanish chicken cooked in the crock pot for extra convenience and health. The size of the chicken will depend on your family. We use about 2 1/2 pounds for 2 adults and 2 children under 10 years old.
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, fresh chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shallots, red pepper, oregano, cilantro, parsley and chicken broth in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in crock pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture from blender and cook on low in the crock pot for 8 hours.
- Serve with salad or debone and use for taco meat.