Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The dressing can also be used with enchiladas, and is very good with seafood filled enchiladas. Use Garlic Puree - Tucson's El Charro. Chef Carlotta Flores, owner of El Charro Cafe.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried chili pepper flakes
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and lemon pepper in a jar with a tight lid. Shake well to mix.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, mix the cabbage and cilantro and toss with the dressing. Add in the rest of the ingredients (finely mince the 2 garlic cloves, and add those if you aren't using garlic paste) and toss lightly, or place these other vegetables around the salad platter as a garnish.
- If you want, add some crumbled cojita or other Mexican white cheese for added flavor.