Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The dressing can also be used with enchiladas, and is very good with seafood filled enchiladas. Use Garlic Puree - Tucson's El Charro. Chef Carlotta Flores, owner of El Charro Cafe.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried chili pepper flakes
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and lemon pepper in a jar with a tight lid. Shake well to mix.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, mix the cabbage and cilantro and toss with the dressing. Add in the rest of the ingredients (finely mince the 2 garlic cloves, and add those if you aren't using garlic paste) and toss lightly, or place these other vegetables around the salad platter as a garnish.
- If you want, add some crumbled cojita or other Mexican white cheese for added flavor.
This is a keeper!!! Had to make some adjustments, used lemon instead of lime, but turned out great. Even my dad liked it and he doesn't like cabbage. We put it on top of our steak tacos, YUM
Delicious...made this to go along with Enchiladas De Pollo (Paula Deen)#358807 and some guacamole. I did use grated real fine garlic and made half the recipe (should have made the full amount). Definately a keeper. Thank you!
Wonderful recipe,a great side for the steak,thanks for sharing your recipe.