Top Review by amm11
This is a keeper!!! Had to make some adjustments, used lemon instead of lime, but turned out great. Even my dad liked it and he doesn't like cabbage. We put it on top of our steak tacos, YUM
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and lemon pepper in a jar with a tight lid. Shake well to mix.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, mix the cabbage and cilantro and toss with the dressing. Add in the rest of the ingredients (finely mince the 2 garlic cloves, and add those if you aren't using garlic paste) and toss lightly, or place these other vegetables around the salad platter as a garnish.
- If you want, add some crumbled cojita or other Mexican white cheese for added flavor.