Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe from Bal Arneson, Cooking Channel. Love the spices - sounds simple, but flavorful.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 chicken legs (including thighs)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add the coriander, garam masala and salt and pepper, and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato paste, and then add the chicken legs. Sprinkle with salt and let them cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cilantro and crushed tomatoes, and let it simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, about 30 minutes. Serve with plenty of sauce.
Other than using chicken breast fillets, chopped into bite-size pieces, and possibly a bit more tomato than required, made as recipe and enjoyed this tangy curry. Not overly hot but tasty, served with rice, liked the ease of preparation. Oh, I did add sliced onion as well, simply because I like it. Thank you Nancy, made for PRMR tag game