Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very versatile vegan pesto! Can be used as a spread for crackers or to spice up a number of different dishes.
- 1⁄2 cup toasted whole almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 small fresh green chile, coarsely chopped, seeded for a milder flavor
- Using a food processor, chop the almonds until they are finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients and process until fairly smooth.
- The pesto will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.