Recipe by Miss Kitty
This recipe is the product of the "I need to go to the grocery store, but don't have time" syndrome. It is a sweet, flavorful rice that is so easy to make. A quick side dish that goes well with meat, poultry, or fish. Even my "Picky Panel of Judges" (A.K.A. "Guinea Pigs") liked it!!
Top Review by macy0611
Wow, this was pretty good...I did add a little extra sugar...for that sweet tooth ya know...but it was good...a nice change. Oh, and I added a handful of chopped pecans for some crunch ....;-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (I used dark)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Stir frequently.
- Cook until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir, and replace cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- (Sprinkle with a scant bit of sugar if not sweet enough.).
- **NOTE:When reheating leftover rice, add a splash of cider; cover and heat thoroughly.
- Stir to avoid cold spots.