Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Rachel Ray’s 365: No Repeats. It is great! Make sure you cook the onions until they are golden. The leftovers reheat nicely. Serve with salad and mashed potatoes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and reserve the meat, covered with foil.
- Add another tablespoon of the olive oil, and then add the onions, garlic, thyme and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 7-8 minutes.
- You want the onions to get really brown and caramelized.
- Add ½ cup of the cider vinegar and the stock.
- Turn up the heat to high and bring up to a simmer.
- Once at a simmer, return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook the chicken in the sauce for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
So... I had found an apple cider chicken recipe on AllRecipes and sent it to my Mother... of course she found a better verion here! Mother knows best and told me to try it with the above changes ( substitute some of the cider vinegar w/balzamic glaze, omit the butter and I added some broccoli in at the end) WE LOVED IT!!!! I made enough for leftovers the next day... between the boyfriend and I it was ALL gone by bedtime and he ate a ton of the onions the next day!! He just requested I make it again and I am certainly looking forward to another yummy meal! Thanks Momma (Chef # 562096)!!
Not sure why no one has reviewed this one yet. WE LOVED IT! I added some white mushrooms--had them on hand--and balsamic glaze and cider vinegar. We did not know what to expect. If you like your meal w/TONS of flavor, this is the one for you! Thanks for posting!