This is from Rachel Ray’s 365: No Repeats. It is great! Make sure you cook the onions until they are golden. The leftovers reheat nicely. Serve with salad and mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet.
- 3Brown the chicken on both sides, 3 minutes per side.
- 4Remove and reserve the meat, covered with foil.
- 5Add another tablespoon of the olive oil, and then add the onions, garlic, thyme and honey.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 7-8 minutes.
- 7You want the onions to get really brown and caramelized.
- 8Add ½ cup of the cider vinegar and the stock.
- 9Turn up the heat to high and bring up to a simmer.
- 10Once at a simmer, return the chicken to the pan.
- 11Cook the chicken in the sauce for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Vinegar Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 432.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g