Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A vegetarian pie with a lovely cider taste.
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 280 ml sweet apple cider
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 large parsnips, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper
- 250 g puff pastry
- Heat oven to 200C/400F Gas Mark 6.
- Slice the onions and fry until golden.
- Mix the stock with the cider and sugar and put into a large pan with the carrots and parsnips.
- Cook until just tender, remove the vegetables and put to one side.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Cook until tender. Remove and reserve with the other vegetables.
- Mix the flour with a little water, add to the cider and cook until thickened, stirring all the time.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- Place vegetables in a greased dish and season well.
- Put the pastry on top of the dish and slash with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.