1/1 Photo of Cider Six Twisted Ways
Member #610488's Note:
This is like six cider recipes in one.
My Private Note
1-cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
Basic Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 15 whole cloves
- 10 whole allspice
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 3 (2 inch) lemon peel strips or 3 (2 inch) orange strips
Apple Cider Nog
- 8 tablespoons low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 3 (5 inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups unsweetened cranberry juice or 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1Main Directions: Place whole cider spices in a zip-top plastic bag and give them a firm whack with a rolling pin, mallet or skillet to crush them. Combine cider and sugar in a large saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add crushed spices from plastic bag and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes. Strain through sieve, discard solids and serve warm. To keep warm for awhile, transfer to a warm Crockpot.
- 2Citrusy Spiced: Use a vegetable peeler to shave sections of rind from lemon or orange (leaving the white pith behind), and add them to the cider while it simmers.
- 3Apple Cider Nog: After pouring cider into individual cups, top each with a tablespoon of low-fat vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
- 4Rosemary: Stir in the sprigs of fresh rosemary before the cider begins to boil.
- 5Pomegranate-Vanilla: add vanilla bean before cider begins to boil. Add pomegranate juice at beginning of simmer.
- 6Cranberry-Apple: add cranberry juice or fresh cranberries at beginning of simmer.
- 7Remember to strain after adding additional ingredients per main recipe.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Six Twisted Ways
Serving Size: 1 (3092 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon peel strips