Recipe by C & D's Mommy
This is nice over ice cream, pound cake, apple crisp, french toast...
Top Review by Chef Binkie
Perfect... I made this for a apple cake and loved it. It was so easy and the perfect consistancy, when warm. It reminded me of Oak Glenn, Ca. cider sauce, that they use on apple pie. I doubled the recipe, but only needed 1/2 cup of brown sugar when doubling. Would make a great pancake syrup.
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine all other ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it comes to a full boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue to cook while stirring constantly until sauce is thickened.