1/2 Photos of Cider-Roasted Vegetables
1 hr 15 mins
Real Simple November 2001
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 lbs parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs baby carrots, peeled or 1 1/2 lbs carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms or 1 lb cremini mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- 1Heat oven to 450°F
- 2Place the vegetables in two small roasting pans.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and vinegar.
- 4Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well. Cook until tender, about 1 hour, stirring halfway.
- 5Add the mushrooms during the last 10 minutes, toss to coat well, and finish roasting.
- 6Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider-Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g