Recipe by Dr.JenLeddy
This is a flavorful and filling autumn side dish, I usually serve with chicken or turkey, but could eat it as a meal. I found this recipe in "The Best of Country Cooking 2006" and use it regularly.
Top Review by Ackman
I've been wanting to make this for quite some time. I finally bit the bullet & made it last night for supper...it did NOT disappoint!!! The only change I made was that I tripled the sauce. Will most definitely make this again...THANKS for sharing!!!
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg