1/4 Photos of Cider-Roasted Pork Loin
25 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Vitameatavegamin Girl's Note:
I got this recipe from my sister and I believe she got it from Cooking Light Magazine. When I made it, I thought it wasn't thoroughly cooked because it's so juicy and I can't ever get my pork to turn out that way! Also, I had to use 2 (1 pound) pork loins because I could not find 1 (2 pound) loin and I just split the marinade into two seperate bags. I am guessing on the cooking/prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 2 cups apple cider
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, stirring until salt dissolves.
- 2Remove from heat; cool.
- 3Pour brine into a 2 gallon zip-loc plastic bag.
- 4Add pork; seal.
- 5Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Bring 2 cups cider to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 8Cook until cider has thickened slightly and reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15-20 minutes).
- 9Set aside.
- 10Remove pork from bag; discard brine.
- 11Place pork on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 12Lightly coat pork with cooking spray.
- 13Combine rosemary, sage, and black pepper; sprinkle evenly over pork.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until thermometer registers 155 degrees, basting twice with cider reduction during final 20 minutes of cooking.
- 15Remove from oven; baste with remaining cider reduction.
- 16Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider-Roasted Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 4793.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 29.9 g