Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A great tangy-sweet apple-pork chop recipe. If you use thinner chops, decrease the cooking time.
Top Review by PenMom
Loved this recipe! I made it for my husband and parents for Valentine's Day and it was a big hit! It turned out extremely moist and tender. I added half the raisins, apples and brown sugar and it was perfectly sweet for us.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 3 ingredients in a plastic zip-lock bag; add chops.
- Seal bag and shake to coat chops well.
- Take chops out of the bag and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter; add chops and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- In a greased 13x9 inch baking dish, place the apples evenly.
- Top with raisins and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place chops on top and drizzle with cider.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until pork chops are done.