Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lovely diabetic dessert, or for all to enjoy! (from diabetic cooking) Dietary exchanges 2 fruit, 1 fat
- 236.59 ml apple cider or 236.59 ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon sticks or 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, halved and cored
- 59.14 ml nonfat vanilla yogurt, sweetened with artificial sweeter (aspartame)
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml toasted chopped pecans
- Bring apple cider and cinnamon stick to a boil in small sauce pan over high heat.
- Let boil, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Add apples; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Gently remove apple halves and poaching liquid from saucepan.
- Refrigerate until cooled.
- Combine yogurt and ground cinnamon in small bowl;reserve 1 tablespoon.
- Divide remaining yogurt mixture evenly among 2 dessert dishes.
- Place apple halves on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle each apple half with toasted pecans.
- Drizzle with reserved yogurt sauce.
I must admit that I am not diabetic, but this dessert was delicious! :-) I really enjoyed this in the afternoon in between my classes, and it really filled me nicely. Its a refreshing, slightly sweetened dessert. I love yogurt and apples, so thats a plus hehe. thanks for posting this recipe Derf, its a keeper!!
This was AWESOME ~ loved the cinnamon yogurt. A great diabetic dessert and so easy to make. Thanks Derf ~ made for COMFORT CAFE ~ SNOWQUEEN'S ROUND, January 2010!
Oh yum, a lovely dessert indeed. I used Greek yogurt that was sweetened lightly with honey and a touch of vanilla. The longer the apples sit in the poaching liquid the more that is absorbed. I will be making this again soon. Made for *Comfort Cafe*