1/1 Photo of Cider-Poached Apples With Cinnamon Yogurt
Lovely diabetic dessert, or for all to enjoy! (from diabetic cooking) Dietary exchanges 2 fruit, 1 fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring apple cider and cinnamon stick to a boil in small sauce pan over high heat.
- 2Let boil, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- 3Add apples; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- 4Gently remove apple halves and poaching liquid from saucepan.
- 5Refrigerate until cooled.
- 6Combine yogurt and ground cinnamon in small bowl;reserve 1 tablespoon.
- 7Divide remaining yogurt mixture evenly among 2 dessert dishes.
- 8Place apple halves on top of sauce.
- 9Sprinkle each apple half with toasted pecans.
- 10Drizzle with reserved yogurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider-Poached Apples With Cinnamon Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla yogurt