Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
From B&G canning mag. Recomented to use warm as glaze over pound cake.
Make and share this Cider N' Spice Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- In pot combine cider, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to med- low. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Line a sieve with double layer of 100% cotton cheese cloth and set over large bowl. Strain cider mixture through sieve. If desired, reserve spices to add to canning jars later.
- Wash pot, then return strained cider to pot. Add sugar, stir to combine. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add pectin.
- Return to the heat and bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute, while stirring.
- Ladle into hot sterilized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. If desired you can now add spices back into jars. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process jars for your recommend altitude.
- If you have never made a jelly before, the straining of the liquid is to remove any particles/cloudiness from the jelly. So that your jelly will be nice and clear once set.