Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Succulent ribs with a cider mop. The ribs can be precooked in a pressure cooker to reduce the time on the grill. Easy to make mop for basting, I use the remaining mop and thicken it to use as a sauce for serving at the table. This is a Claire approved recipe.
- Pre cook the ribs for 30 mins in water or pressure cooker.
- Use a small pan to make the mop.
- Mix together the cider, onions and jalapeños and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer till reduced by half.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reboil and remove from the heat.
- Pre heat the oven to medium.
- Remove the ribs from the water / pressure cooker, and place on a rack over a tray. Add 4 cup water to the tray.
- Spoon some of the mop over the ribs and place in the oven, baste every 20 miins or so, do not let the ribs dry too much. Cook for 1 hour.
- In a small pan reheat the mop and thicken with cornstarch.
- Serve the ribs with a cold rice salad, with the mop as a dip.
Excellent! And, as I could not get any good ribs, I used pork chops with GREAT success! The sauce was thick and tangy and we both had a fight over the last drop!! I have saved this as a base for all sorts of other grilled and BBQ'ed meats, a great find - merci Brian! Made for the Comfort Cafe event with the theme of CIDER - very much enjoyed and a keeper for us. FT:-)