1/1 Photo of Cider Glazed Chicken and Cabbage
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can find a video on how to make this at Digitalcookbook.tv From The Irish Pub Cookbook by Margaret M. Johnson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 (6 ounce) chicken breast halves, bone in, skin on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 cups savoy cabbage (Or nappa only, shredded)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup hard alcoholic cider (or apple cider)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 3Dredge the chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- 5Add the chicken in batches and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 6Transfer the chicken to a large oven proof baking dish.
- 7Tuck garlic, carrots, onions and bay leaves in between the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with the raisins, parsley and rosemary.
- 8Place the cabbage on top, season with salt and pepper and pour stock or broth and cider over top.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- 10To serve, place a chicken breast in the center of each of 6 plates and spoon the vegetables and sauce over the top.
- 11Serve over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Glazed Chicken and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.1
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.3 mg
- Sodium 294.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 58.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & freshly ground black pepper
hard alcoholic cider