Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
Found it on the kraftrecipes.com, I never liked brussels sprouts and decided to give it one last chance for the sake of tradition this past Thanksgiving. One of the most frequent complaints about the cute mini cabbages is that they have a bitterness to them. I absolutely loved this recipe, so I'm sharing it here. I used a thick bacon and for the almonds you can toast your own but I bought sliced toasted almonds (the kind that's salad-ready)
- cook bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels, discard all but 1 tbsp of the drippings from skillet.
- add butter, onions, and brussel sprouts to drippings in skillet; cook and stir on medium-high heat 1 to 2 min or until brussel sprouts are lightly browned.
- in a bowl mix next 5 ingredients and pour over sprouts.
- cook 5-10 mins or until liquid has evaporated and sprouts are evenly glazed, stirring occasionally.
- crumble the toasted bacon and stir inches.
- pour sprouts into a bowl and top with the almonds; enjoy!