1/1 Photo of Cider Braised Chicken With Berry Sauce
Queen Dana's Note:
This is based on Mark Bittman's "Chicken with cranberries and mushrooms" from his "Best Recipes in the World" cookbook. My husband made this, and it was adapted due to ingredients that we had on hand. You can use chicken breast instead of thighs. Sorry about the lack of a photo, we thought it smelled so good that we devoured it before thinking about the camera!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1soak berries in water until plump, simmer over low heat until thickened to sauce consistency. remove from heat and stir in honey. set aside.
- 2heat oil and butter in deep skillet (with lid). add chicken and brown thoroughly, salt and pepper while cooking.
- 3stir in garlic, onion, savory, muchrooms, stock and cider. turn heat to low, simmer covered until chicken is cooked (20-30 minutes).
- 4remove chicken from pan, keep warm. increase heat to thicken onion mixture in pan.
- 5serve chicken with onion and berry sauces.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Braised Chicken With Berry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.5
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hard alcoholic cider