Recipe by *Parsley*
Great simple side dish for autumn meals.
Top Review by Elisa72
This was simple to make and very tasty. We were having it with our Thanksgiving dinner so I steamed the sprouts in the microwave the day before then finished the dish just before dinner. This recipe is a little bland, but that was a good fit in the menu. Thanks for a new way to enjoy brussels sprouts!
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed with X cut on bottom (or 1 lb frozen Brussels)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- salt, as needed, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add Brussels sprouts and return to a boil. Cook, for about 20 minutes, or until sprouts are tender but firm (If using frozen, cook according to the package directions). Drain.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add sprouts and garlic, and saute 5 minutes, stirring, until garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add cider to skillet and turn heat to high, stirring constantly, until cider is reduced in volume by half, making a sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.