1/1 Photo of Cider Beef Stew for Two
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a downsized recipe for when you have a taste for beef stew but don't want to eat it for days. This stew is also a little different because it has a little sweetness and a little tang to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- 2Add beef and toss to coat.
- 3In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown beef in oil.
- 4Add cider, water, vinegar, and thyme.
- 5Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- 6Add carrots, potato, and onion.
- 7Return to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cider Beef Stew for Two
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.3
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 686.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.2 g