Recipe by Laura O.
This is a downsized recipe for when you have a taste for beef stew but don't want to eat it for days. This stew is also a little different because it has a little sweetness and a little tang to it.
Top Review by PaulaG
Outstanding! The stew is very rich and perfect on a cold winter day. The onions were browned along with the meat and everything was cooked in a slow cooker for several hours. This made 3 nice servings along with a green salad and recipe #210708. Made for *Comfort Cafe*
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add beef and toss to coat.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown beef in oil.
- Add cider, water, vinegar, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots, potato, and onion.
- Return to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.