Recipe by Satisfied Kris
I make this throughout the year, but always use cider instead of apple juice in the fall. Recipe came from "Mr Food Cooks Like Mama". I usually cut back a tad on the soy sauce and I don't always thicken the juice with cornstarch. It's a nice twist to just baking a turkey breast. Servings is estimated. Cook time is rounded off. Hope you enjoy!
- 5 -6 lbs turkey breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider or 1 1⁄2 cups juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (may want to cut back some on this)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place turkey breast skin side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from oven and lower temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups cider and soy sauce.
- Pour mixture over turkey.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting turkey frequently with cider mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup cider.
- Remove turkey from oven and stir cornstarch mixture into pan drippings.
- Return turkey to oven and bake uncovered until sauce is thickened (15- 20 minutes).
- Transfer turkey to serving platter and serve with the sauce.