Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have yet to try this pie. I am really intrigued by the recipe because of the caraway seed. I think it sounds very interesting and I'm always on the lookout for that. I hope you enjoy it.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 6 large apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bring cider to boil.
- cook over medium heat 25 minutes.
- Stir apples in cider.
- boil 5 minutes or until apples begin to soften.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and caraway seed.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- With second pie crust cut our lattice strips.
- arrange lettice on top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until pastry is browned.
Just passable but no one asked for seconds. The topping was too hard and everyone HATED the caraway seeds I don't recommend it.