Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Some warm holiday cheer!
Make and share this Cider and Tequila Hot Toddy recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- lime slice, for garnish
- In a saucepan heat cider and cranberry juice cocktail just until hot (do not let boil) and remove from heat.
- Stir in tequila and liqueur.
- Serve toddies in mugs, garnished with lime slices.
- Makes about 6 cups.
- Note: To spice up a little: add cinnamon sticks, a little cloves, allspice and nutmeg.
- You can garnish with the above listed lime slices or also add orange slices.
Just a slight note here...
If you have someone who isn't a real drinker at all, don't use tequila as it has quite an aroma warm. Use vodka instead.
This was perfect! I kept mind pretty basic.. just homemade cider, tequila and triple sec. But it was delicious and now I'm toasty warm. I'll definitely be making this again! Thanks!
Wonderful. We liked it better than mulled wine. I don't think I could have more than a cup of it because it is very sweet but it's definitely my kind of dessert. Thank you.