Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
An old fashioned refrigerator cookie that adds variety to the cookie jar. Another I haven't made for awhile making serving size a guestimate.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (pre-sifted all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (finely chopped)
- Cream the butter with the sugar mixing well.
- Add the egg and vanilla beat five minutes
- Blend in the flour mixed with the baking powder combined with walnuts.
- Divide dough in half and shape into 2 rolls wrapping each roll in wax paper.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice 1/8 thick, bake on a buttered cookie sheet at 400 for 5 - 7 minutes or until nicely golden ( I bake at lower temperature - ovens do vary).
These are very easy to make, simple cookies with a nice nutty flavor, & a nice change from chunky, chocolate munchies (Believe me, I have nothing against chocolate ~ After all, I'm a chocoholic!), but still . . . These would make a nice addition to a cookie buffet! [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]