Recipe by Gerry
An old fashioned recipe that is often seen on the serving tray in our area. A delightful cookie that adds variety to the cookie jar.The serving depends on cookie size - dainty cookies make for larger yield.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour (pre-sifted all purpose)
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered icing sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter (creamed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the butter into the flour and rub with fingertips.
- Add rest of ingredients and knead dough a few minutes; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out 1/2 thick and cut out small cookie circles.
- Bake on a buttered cookie sheet in a moderate 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- Make filling - beat the eggs with sugar
- Add the butter in small portions beating at low speed, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread one teaspoon of filling over 1 cookie, cover with another ( the amount of filling per cookie varies with cookie size)
- Refrigerate one hour.