Recipe by ** Poppy **
Is it cake or is it bread? Well it's both. This bread is popular in the region of Rome.
- 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, zest of, chopped
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place flour in a mound on a board.
- Create a well in the center.
- Using a fork or your fingers, like when you make pasta, mix the flour with the liquid ingredients alternating with the dry ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed in knead the dough until smooth.
- Divide into 4 equal parts, roll into logs and then into coils (like cinnamon rolls).
- Brush the tops lightly with the milk.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until lightly golden brown.