Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
fast easy sponge type cake.
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oranges, zest of, grated and minced fine
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Oil and then flour a bundt 10 inch pan.
- Sift flour, salt, and powder together.
- Beat eggs and the sugar until no grains are felt between the fingertips, about 7 minutes.
- Eggs and sugar should be doubled and very pale in colour.
- In thirds sprinkle flour over, and beat until just mixed, and alternating with the juice and oil.
- End with the flour.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, until done.
- (s slight impression of your finger when touched>) Remove to wire rack, and cool.
- Tip out, cool.
- Sprinkle with a dusting of powdered sugar.