For many years my mother prepared this ring-shaped cake for our breakfast! My children love this super easy ciambella too. They spread some margarine and sugar over the slices and Yum... This is a souvenir in honor of my parents!
- 400 g flour (13 ounces)
- 150 g margarine (5 ounces) or 150 g butter (5 ounces)
- 180 g sugar (6 ounces)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons liqueur (we use maraschino)
- 1 lemon zest or 1 orange zest
- 100 ml milk (1/3 cup)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (additional only for topping)
- Preheat the oven at 220°C (425.°F).
- Grease your mold (I use a ring-shaped one) and dust with four.
- Work all the ingredients (reserve the sugar for topping) with the kneading machine until smooth.
- Spread the batter in the mold.
- Top with sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 220°C (425°F).