1/5 Photos of Ciambella Della Nonna – Italian Breakfast Cake
For many years my mother prepared this ring-shaped cake for our breakfast! My children love this super easy ciambella too. They spread some margarine and sugar over the slices and Yum... This is a souvenir in honor of my parents!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g flour (13 ounces)
- 150 g margarine (5 ounces) or 150 g butter (5 ounces)
- 180 g sugar (6 ounces)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons liqueur (we use maraschino)
- 1 lemon zest or 1 orange zest
- 100 ml milk (1/3 cup)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (additional only for topping)
- 1Preheat the oven at 220°C (425.°F).
- 2Grease your mold (I use a ring-shaped one) and dust with four.
- 3Work all the ingredients (reserve the sugar for topping) with the kneading machine until smooth.
- 4Spread the batter in the mold.
- 5Top with sugar.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes at 220°C (425°F).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ciambella Della Nonna – Italian Breakfast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: