Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this after eating at Panera Bread and it is delicious :)
- 1 ounce crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices onions
- 2 leaves red leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 -3 slices seedless cucumber (if seeded, remove seeds)
- 4 black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon parmesan cheese (optional)
Tzatziki Sauce from the Frugal Gourmet
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled,seeded,and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and put through garlic press
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the Tzatziki Sauce: Drain yogurt and grated cucumber in a cheesecloth lined colander for several hours.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and chill.
- Cut your Ciabatta Roll in half.
- Spread each half with about 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce,or to taste.
- Layer the roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, artichoke heats (if using),and olives.
- Press cheese(s) into the cut side of the top of roll.
- Place top half of the roll on the sandwich, cut in half and enjoy.
- I have also made this with Basil Tomato Feta and it is also good, I would think that blue cheese or goat's cheese would be good also.
I have not tried this sandwich yet, but I have had the Panera Bread sandwich a few times now, and really love it. I can't wait to try this and see if it is as good as the original.
I'm a die-hard fan of this sandwich!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe with me!