1/1 Photo of Ciabatta Stuffing With Chestnuts and Pancetta
This is a GREAT stuffing recipe. BF couldn't get enough! Simply delicious! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis and FoodNetwork
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) jars roasted peeled whole chestnuts, coarsely broken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lb day-old ciabatta, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth (or more)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 15 by 10 by 2-inch glass baking dish.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the pancetta and saute until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a large bowl.
- 6Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add the onions, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic.
- 8Saute until the onions are very tender, about 12 minutes.
- 9Gently stir in the chestnuts and parsley.
- 10Transfer the onion mixture to the large bowl with the pancetta.
- 11Add the bread and Parmesan and toss to coat.
- 12Add enough broth to the stuffing mixture to moisten.
- 13Season the stuffing, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 14Mix in the eggs.
- 15Transfer the stuffing to the prepared dish.
- 16Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down, and bake until the stuffing is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 17Uncover and continue baking until the top is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ciabatta Stuffing With Chestnuts and Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: