Source: Steve Stanley, Chuy's Restaurant Cook's note: Tomatillos look like small green tomatoes with a papery, round husk. To adjust the heat of the salsa, use more or fewer serrano chiles, as desired. Chilling time not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water in large pot and add tomatillos, serrano chiles, Sandia chiles, cilantro, garlic and onion.
- 2Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Strain liquid into a container and place solid ingredients in blender. (You may have to work in batches.)
- 4Add 1/2 of the strained liquid to blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Add lime juice and salt and blend 30 seconds.
- 6Chill before serving.
- 7Presentation: Serve with chips, tortillas or in recipes calling for salsa.
- 8Can be stored in a sealed container for 4 days in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chuy's Restaurant Hatch Green Chili Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (2975 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3183.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g