Recipe by Geema
Chutney is such an interesting, but neglected condiment. Try the delicious dressing on other salads, especially with some chicken or shrimp.
Top Review by Mrs B
I thought this rice salad sounded great but wasn't sure what kind of chutney would work well with the other ingredients. I zapped Geema an e-mail and she kindly suggested her "Pear Cranberry Chutney" recipe #121286. I tried this and can thoroughly reccommend both recipes. DH's comment on tasting this was "salads never used to be this good". I know what he means!
- 1⁄3 cup chutney
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup choppped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins or 1⁄4 cup any dried fruit, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine chutney, oil, lemon juice and gingerroot, blending well to combine.
- In a large serving bowl, mix the rice, apple, celery, onions, dried fruit and almonds.
- Toss with the dressing, mixing well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.