Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an excellent side dish which I adapted years ago from a recipe on a box of Uncle Ben's rice.
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Slowly add rice to broth (adding too quickly may cause a boil over).
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the chutney, raisins and curry powder and stir until well mixed.
- Let stand approximately 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds before serving.
Very nice, very easy, much enjoyed by the family. I did leave out the raisins. It has a strong flavour, better served with other sides that are not too dominant in their flavours. I served it with MrsJs Chicken Cutlet Parmesan With Tomato Sauce. Made for PAC Fall 2008