Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious main dish that is quick and easy to throw in the crockpot and be ready at the end of a long day.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mango chutney or 1 (12 ounce) jar peach chutney
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Wash roast and pat dry; trim excess fat.
- Put sliced onion in the bottom of a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Lightly salt and pepper the roast then rub with the garlic powder or fresh minced garlic.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Combine chutney, sugar, mustard, ginger, and curry powder; spoon over the roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce to LOW and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer, or continue cooking on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours longer.
- The roast should register at least 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer or meat thermometer inserted in the center of the roast.
- Remove the roast from the crockpot and keep warm; pour juices into a medium saucepan. Simmer the juices for about 5 to 8 minutes to reduce by about one-third.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water, stirring until smooth.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the juices and continue cooking for about 1 minute, until thickened.