Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A large moist loaf making great leftovers! Your taste buds will thank you! The roasted garlic and the sweet and hot chutney brings meatloaf to whole nother level! Oh do get an extra bottle of chutney for topping the meatloaf at serving. ;)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 ounces hot mango chutney, large pieces chopped divided
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 1 cup bread, crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute the onions and peppers in a large pot in a touch of olive oil till translucent about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat add the 6 ounces chutney, garlic, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce. Combine well then add the eggs, and meats.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish and mold the top smooth. Top with 2 ounces of chutney.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes or until center is no longer pink and instant read thermometer reads 160°F when inserted in center of loaf. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes before slicing letting the juices absorb back into the loaf.