Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not your typical party meatballs. I love to surprise my guests with a new twist on old favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs italian sweet sausage
- 2 cups fresh made breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 (17 ounce) jar chutney
- 2 pints sour cream
- Combine sausage, breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Shape into small cocktail size balls (about 100).
- Arrange on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400°F in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While the meat balls are cooking, combine chutney and sour cream in a food processor until mixed but still lumpy.
- Heat sauce until hot, add meatballs and transfer to a chafing dish.
This recipe was wonderful! The Italian sausage instead of beef was genius! The chutney/sour cream sauce certainly added a gourmet style to the meatballs. All of the flavors in the dish worked together pleasantly. I think the sauce would be versatile in other dishes too. I wonder how spicy Italian sausage would be in this dish? When I find out (and I will) I will let you know! I was so excited to find this recipe. Thanks for a great party dish.
Oooo This was heaven! The Italian sausages really gave it a kick, and the parmesan gave it a gourmet twist. This is an upscale type of meatball. The fact that you use jar chutney makes this recipe easy. Wonderful!