Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
What a combination of flavors! From a recipe card set, this appetizer disappears quickly whenever I make it. Passive time is 1 hour chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Blend cream cheese with the shredded cheese until well mixed. Do this by hand or in a food processor using a plastic blade.
- Mix in the sherry, curry powder and salt until well blended.
- Shape into a cake, about 5 inches in diameter, onto serving plate. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Before serving, pile mango chutney and green onions on top. Surround with crisp sesame or whole wheat crackers. Guests can either dip into the cheese or spread it with a knife.
FANTASTIC!!! I made it the previous day!
You should have HEARD the comments...okay?
Was passed around the dinner table for EVERYONE to try!
Because it was and is different and unique, that's why!