2 hrs 15 mins
Everything is done ahead of time for this fun addition to the appetizer table. Serve with wheatmeal biscuits, crackers , or bite sized muffins. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot curry powder or 2 -3 tablespoons mild curry powder, to taste
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice of
- 1 cup finely chopped major grey chutney
- 1 cup whole roasted cashews
- thin strips orange zest (to garnish)
- 1Dampen 2 18-inch squares of cheesecloth with water, wring dry and stack them flat, one on top of the other.
- 2Now smoothly line a 5 cup straight sided container such as a new flower pot, a mixing bowl, a loaf pan or a mold with the cheesecloth.
- 3Combine cream cheese, butter and orange zest and juice in a food processor or electric mixer and beat until fluffy.
- 4Remove about half of the mixture and reserve.
- 5Add curry powder to the remaining mixture and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- 6Spoon about one third of the reserved cheese mixture into the lined mold, pressing with fingers or a spatula to compress the mixture and eliminate air pockets.
- 7Add about one third of the curried cheese mixture, pressing again in the same manner.
- 8Continue alternately layering the cheese mixtures until each is used up.
- 9Bring excess cheesecloth up over the top to cover cheese completely and chill until the cheese feels firm when gently pressed, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Invert the mold onto a serving plate and gently pull of the cheesecloth.
- 11If ot serving within a couple of hours, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 days.
- 12Place the chutney in a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
- 13While the chutney is melting, gently press the cashews into the surface of the cheese.
- 14Remove the chutney from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 15Spoon it over the cheese to cover completely; use a smal spatula to spread it evenly onto the sides.
- 16Chill for about 30 minutes to allow the glaze to set.
- 17Garnish with orange zest.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chutney Glazed Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.5
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 299.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: