Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I went to a party where this was served and loved it. I couldn’t get the recipe so I decided to experiment until I figured it out. This is the result. It’s been very popular at parties I’ve taken it to. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 (10 ounce) jar chutnut chutney
- Combine all ingredients except chutney and mix thoroughly.
- Form into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Just before serving remove from refrigerator and place on a serving platter.
- Pour chutney over ball and spread with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Serve with crackers.