Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried apples
- 7 ounces chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces tomato sauce with onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange rind, Finely Shredded
- 1 dash clove, Ground
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- rice, Hot Cooked (optional)
- In a 1-cup measure, microwave the 1/4 cup water, uncovered, on 100% power for 45 seconds or till boiling.
- Stir in dried apple.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess water.
- Meanwhile, place chicken drumsticks in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour the 2 T water over the drumsticks.
- Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till chicken is tender, rotating the dish a quarter-turn every minute.
- Drain off liquid.
- Transfer chicken drumsticks to a plate.
- Cover and keep warm while preparing tomato sauce.
- For tomato sauce, in a 2-cup measure combine tomato sauce with chopped onion, raisins, cornstarch, shredded orange peel, ground cloves, bottled hot pepper sauce and drained apple.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till thickened and bubbly. stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon over chicken drumsticks.
- If desired, serve with hot cooked rice.