Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my favourite recipes because it tastes so great and can be pulled together in minutes. Steamed rice is a good accompaniment for the yummy sauce.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup fruit chutney
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish large enough to hold all the pieces and season.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour, or until very tender.
very tender, moist chicken. i find it a little too sweet though, maybe due to the chutney i used (mango and pineapple). i like the fact it's baked, so i have time to prepare other dishes (stir-fry broccoli and soup. thanks eve, this is a keeper. oh, i love the allspice - subtle but good!
This was a simple and delicious, basically throw together main dish that required little effort but yielded very good results. I found that my chicken was done before the mango/orange juice mixture had formed a glaze, so I removed the chicken and reduced the sauce on the stovetop and it did form a wonderful stickey glaze. Thank you Ev for sharing the recipe.