Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried this one yet. One I plan to try over the holidays. Needs to chill for several hours.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 green onion, including some of the tender green tops,coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chutney (Major Grey's is recommended)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- apple, slices
- assorted cracker
- Add the first 5 ingredients to the container of a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on a plate or line a bowl with it.
- Transfer dip mixture to plastic wrap line plate or bowl.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball.
- Put the chopped nuts on a piece of waxed paper.
- Roll the cheese ball in the nuts; cover well.
- Place cheese ball on a serving plate and arrange apple slices and/or crackers around the cheese ball.
- Provide a small knife for spreading.
My friend makes this exact recipe and brings it to every party.She likes to serve it with sesame crackers.It is quite addicting,yet easy to make.