Recipe by Manami
I saw this on allrecipes.com and it sounded so wonderful, that we made it right away. I love Brie, & cashews and then baked - what can be bad? This would be wonderful for Super Bowl Sunday here in Miami - yeah! Update: 12/21/2009 - Made this the other day with 4 crispy & crumbled bacon slices in addition to the other ingredients. Instead of a bageutte which I didn't have, served it with gingersnaps and it was a wonderful orchestra of flavors! :)
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) wheel brie cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground curry powder
- 12 ounces mango chutney or 12 ounces apple and honey chutney
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sprinkle curry powder over top and sides of Brie; rub the curry powder into the rind to thoroughly coat the surface.
- Place the Brie wheel in a large pie plate or oven proof dish.
- Spread a generous layer of chutney over the top, and evenly sprinkle with cashews.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cashews are slightly golden and cheese inside the rind is melted.
- Serve with slices of baguette.