another recipe I saw on Rachel Ray's show that I want to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb red potatoes, skin left on
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional (EVOO)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons prepared chutney
- 8 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Place potatoes onto a baking sheet, drizzle them with a little EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss them to evenly coat and move them to one half your baking sheet. Roast them for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3After 20 minutes, toss the tomatoes onto the empty half of the baking sheet, drizzle them with a little EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting another 20 minutes, turning the veggies occasionally but keeping them separate, until the potatoes are tender and the tomatoes have burst open.
- 4Once the tomatoes go into the oven, place the chicken breasts onto a cutting board and cut a pocket into one side of each of them using a paring knife. Spread about 1 teaspoon of chutney and place 2 slices of cheddar inside the pocket of each. Season the outside of each breast with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Place a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon, and sear the chicken breasts in the large pan until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- 6Once the chicken is seared on both sides, transfer them to the oven to finish cooking, about 5-6 minutes (if your pan is oven-safe, just put the whole pan in the oven. Otherwise put the meat onto a baking sheet before moving it to the oven).
- 7Once the chicken goes into the oven, place another large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the bacon and cook, about 2-3 minutes. Once the bacon starts to brown, add the leeks and cook until tender, another 4-5 minutes.
- 8When the vegetables have finished roasting, transfer them to the skillet with the bacon and leeks, add the chicken stock, and mash everything up together. Season everything with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chutney and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breasts With BLTp's
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.4
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 654.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 47.6 g